Sunday 2 January 2011

How to Stay On a Diet


When starting a diet the hardest part is actually staying on it. I know, I have been there. It can be very tough if you are not in the right mindset. If you are not in the right mindset you will just go back to your old ways, and eventually abandon your diet. That is the last thing you want to happen to you! I’m going to give you some tips that have helped me on how to stay on a diet.


Prepare Your Meals Ahead

This is very important. If you don’t plan your meals ahead you will be even more tempted to eat junk food, because it’s more accessible. If you plan on going out, bring something with you. I noticed that I’m most vulnerable to cheating on my diet when I’m away from the house and don’t have any clean foods with me. It’s very easy to pack a sandwich in the car with you.

Know That Your Mind Is Lying To You

Yup, your mind likes to tell you lies all the time. “That one cookie will not hurt you” – of course one cookie will not hurt your diet, but what happens when that one cookie leads to 2 then to 3, 4, 5, etc. I like to do the opposite of what my mind tells me. If it tells me “You really want pizza tonight. You need to have it” I will know that it’s just my mind telling me a lie, and just eat something healthy to get rid of the hunger and cravings. If you’re having cravings, just eat something healthy so you’re not hungry anymore, and usually the cravings go away.

It’s really a battle with your mind. You have to put yourself in control. If you can do this, than you can stay on your diet.

Plan all cheat meals

If you want to have some cheat meals then plan it. If you like to have cheat meals with friends or family, then tell them when you plan on having them – this way the cheat meals does come random and multiple times throughout the week”. Now, if you have planned cheat meals, but still find yourself falling off track then I have found the solution to be to go strict. Don’t have any. It will be very tough for the first week, but after the craving subside then you’ll start to crave healthy foods, and not want the junk food anymore. I have tested this, and it really does happen.

You really need to have intense focus, fight your negative thoughts, and prepare your meals and workouts ahead of time. If you follow these three important things you will be successful with your diet plan. Remember, you are in control of what you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment